Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cups!

Hey guys,

     I found this recipe online the other day, tried it, AND LOVED IT!  For those of you who still have an erge to eat chocolate yet want to stay healthy here is a very quick and easy to make alternative!

My favorite part of the whole recipe... it can be made in a shaker cup in 5 minutes!



Ingredients:

- 6 large egg whites ~ about 260grams.  Make sure they are pasteurized so they are ok to eat!
- 40 grams of protein powder.  I always recommend myofusion for making food.  It mixes well and    tastes the best.  Make sure to use a good tasting powder or obviously it will taste poorly.  I used chocolate peanut butter.
- 1 pack of sweetener.  I used Stevia and recommend it as it will not give you an insulin spike.
-2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter.  I really like the stuff from the bulk barn, but feel free to use your own brands!
-1 tablespoon of cocoa powder



How to make them!
     To make them simply add the ingredients in the order above to a shaker cup (preferably one with a ball inside to help mix it up).  Then shake it up really really good until all the ingredients are mixed and pour it into your cups.  I just got silicone cups and if you can get them from bed bath a beyond it will be well worth it.  As you can see I used wax paper cups this time, and this made it a little harder to get the cups out.  Allow them to sit for around 2 hours in the freezer at least before you start enjoying!  TIP: I like putting them in the fridge just before I know I am going to have one.  This allows them to be a lot nicer to bite into, and gives it a consistency that is like a fudgesicle!

Try them today!  Healthy and delicious.  It makes about 12 with only around 160 calories, 23grams of protein and less than 5 grams each of carbs and fat!  Again guys, eating healthy doesn't mean it can't taste good!

Try it today!

Ryan Trueman


No comments:

Post a Comment